Friday, November 25, 2011

Forensics Science Project Part III: Handwriting Analysis

Pictures and Analysis of Handwriting Analysis Template.  State how the free handing forgery and tracing forgery differ using the 12 Handwriting Characteristics.  In other words, how would you tell that they are forgeries? 

In the Handwriting template activity we learned how to do free hand forgery and trace hand forgery by copying someone else handwriting characteristics. The first step was free hand forgery. I copied my own handwriting on the original sample of the handwriting template. I copied my handwriting in cursive and print. I wrote a sentence that said the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. After I copied my handwriting, I gave my handwriting template to another classmate. She analyzed my handwriting. My analysis section of my original sample said that there was pen lifting occurring and there were different ratios of height, width and size of letters. I usually start of doing cursive letters then I end with print letters. It is a weird way of writing but I will change my habit. Next, my classmates’ free hand forged my handwriting in the other part of the handwriting template. When the classmate was done, their handwriting did not match my handwriting whatsoever. Actually, the person who was trying to forge my handwriting said it was too hard to copy and almost gave up. Then we used trace hand forgery. The trace hand forgery was easy because all you had to do was trace their handwriting. The handwriting that my classmate’s did was very similar to mine because she used traced hand forgery handwriting. Her handwriting had the similar downward stokes and huge letters in it like I did.
I think free hand forgery is harder than trace hand forgery because you would have to try glancing at the handwriting and then try to copy my difficult handwriting characteristics. I even had a hard time free hand forgery because you’re trying to make it perfect like their handwriting. Trace hand forgery is easier than try to free hand forging someone else’s handwriting. So how hard could that be? There can be signs of forgery by using of pen pressure. That is the number one sign of doing forgery. So that is what I think of trace hand forgery and free hand forgery.







 








No comments:

Post a Comment