Monday, December 5, 2011

Witness Experiment


Witness Experiment   

I thought this experiment was beneficial to me because it taught me how to test our basic memory to see if we would be a good witness of a crime. In this experiment I took a pair of scissors and cut out a face from the magazine. The face that was cut out from the magazine was an African American woman with long hair. I cut out each facial feature such as the mouth, noseeyes and hair. Then my table group which did the same procedure as I put all their cut out facial features in the middle of the table too. We mixed the facial features together in a pile. Then each member of the table group tries to make another face by putting the facial features back together. At my table, we identified the different pieces of facial features very quickly. This experiment taught me how to piece together a suspects face. As I was going through this experiment, it was very interesting to see the differences in other magazine faces. There are incomparable shapes of mouths, noses, and eyes. In the experiment, I matched the facial features by the color of the skin. In addition to, I matched the facial features together by the shapes of the noses, eyes, mouth and hair . The hair of the individual was easy to mach together becuase of the facial features being linked together.  Therefore, this witness experiment was excellent in teaching how to identify different face features and learning how to remember the suspect during a crime. The witness is a key ingredient to solving any crime because it can help police enforcement to track down the suspect. I also believe another analyzing tip to being  good witness is remembering if the suspect has any weapons ,what kind of car driven at the crime scene, and even the suspects race. Therefore, it is important to remember the suspects face or any other general descriptions in order to be a good witness of a crime. Remebering a suspects face at a crime could be benefical to that person who lost his life and that person could receive justice because of the person remebering the suspects face.



3 comments:

  1. it would be good to add the history but other than that it was good also in the facial features that were cut out youshould add hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your reflection of the lab and the way you cut out the features was good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you highlighted certain parts of your information. It helps the reader see what the important parts of this activity were.

    ReplyDelete